Thursday, March 8, 2012

The inevitable nervous breakdown draws closer...

Well look at me back on the blog a few days after a post as if it the most natural thing in the world. I figure is rapidly running out I should probably try harder to keep up with the documenting...although there have been pretty much no documentable events in my life as of late. One of the things that has been keeping me amped up this week is that on Friday (TOMORROW) I am going to buy a bag of crisps. When I'm at home in Luxembourg Friday is a day to be excited for - everyone is out and the buses run til 3.30 am..but in Canada it's all about the crisps. I don't even eat crisps that often here, but it is good to focus on something. It did get slightly worrying when Jess and I would use a bag of crisps as a monetary unit i.e "It cost 20 dollars! That's like 4 bags of crisps". Yes. Crisps are expensive. Canada is expensive. One of the first things I need to do when I come home is to do the Pound Shop Spree - Poundland, Poundstretcher, Mighty Pound - all the classics. Not long to go though. Yesterday us Brits received our ceremonial "You are leaving Canada" Canadian flag. It made it all hit home. Also I say 'us Brits'. Will didn't get one, but really it serves him right for integrating into the Canadian community and doing something with his time in Canada. When Simon and Becca left they had their Canadian flags signed, but I don't know if that will happen. A part of me likes it just the way it is and I figure that probably if I hung it on my door here that it would probably take about 3 minutes before someone had ripped it down in a drunken frenzy. I know things seem more exhilarating  when you are intoxicated but still..ripping stuff off doors and walls just doesn't do anything for me. 

Oh. I just remembered another reason for me to gain some cool points. Earlier today I received an email from my Drama teacher to say that Monday's three hour class is cancelled meaning that on Monday I am free til 6pm and my reaction was "Yes! I get extra time to work in the library!" This is a tragic state of affairs. Once again when I return to England I hope that when I can actually afford things and I have BBC3 and Charles's trampoline under my feet that I will return to life and stop being such a pleb. Right now I feel like I have a hideous amount of stuff to do. On my Word at the moment I have 3 documents open all for different assignments. One on existentialism, one on the American Dream and one on The Two Gentlemen of Verona. Having so much to do at one time is probably going to make my head explode so I figure the best thing to do is be irrational and try to do it all at once and fail all my courses because I have overstressed myself unnecessarily. But I suppose if I was a rational human being then I wouldn't be me. Although probably if I wasn't me people would think more of me and we would laugh at the moronic girl who lives in her room and who coined the term "Crisp Friday" like a fool.

Anyway I'm going to go play mahjong titans and set various alarms for the day to come. I think I've rambled enough. Just as I thought - as I have started blogging again the number of views I have been getting has severely declined. When I wasn't posting I had 100 a day, now that I have posted it is about 5 a day and 3 are probably me. 

I will try to leave in a slightly more exciting way to bring back those who have lost faith in me by sharing a quote from my renaissance teacher without giving the context so that in a few years I can look back and try to work out what an earth could have provoked this and hope that nobody says this after having read my blog

"It's worse than a gang rape I would imagine"

Goodnight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment