Friday, April 13, 2012

12 days.

 There will be some things that I will miss about the Canadian lifestyle and there are definitely places I wish I could have gone to if I had had more time and some more wonga, but there isn't too much point dwelling on what could have been. I mean yeah. Obviously, I'm going to dwell on unchangeable things - that is pretty much what this whole blog has been about, but I think it is best to only dwell on tiny, insignificant things to cement your status as a whiny, western brat.

However, there are some reasons why I really need to get myself out of here pronto!

Top 5 Reasons for Kate to leave Canada.


5. Alyson sold her guitar today and nothing fills the void.

4. I said "boddum" earlier instead of bottom. I felt sick to my stomach.

3. Today a board about your favourite/least favourite/things you'll miss etc etc. went up in Grenville and it is going to be so hard to resist the temptation to write some sort of witticism which would no doubt cause offence to a confused Grenvillian readership.

2. I seem to have packed nearly all my clothes already, so if I stay here too much later I am going to have to start going around nude and no man,woman or child deserves to be put through that level of distress. On the plus side I probably won't be able to take all my stuff home with me so there may be a chance for the vultures out here to scavenge from my (figurative) Canadian carcass...I hope they like owls.

1. And the top reason is this:

I have listened to this song three times today. THREE. TIMES. Before I came out here I was an avid One Direction hater, and now look at what Canada has done to me!! It has broken me. I'm a shadow of my former self. I'm humming it as I walk to class, when I'm in the shower..sometimes I don't even realise that I'm doing it and then I catch myself and I have to look in the mirror to check that it is still me and I haven't started going all Benjamin Button and gone back to being 12 again.

And there you have it.
You see Canada. It just isn't safe for me to stay here. I can't do it. I just can't.

Only 12 days till I take to the sky.
Tick tock...

No comments:

Post a Comment