Sunday, April 1, 2012

It begins.

This post is pretty much redundant. It is more for me than for anyone else. I could tell the world about the fact that I can smell popcorn right now, but that would just be to kill time. I guess I want to kill some time before I go to bed - I can smell popcorn. 

The main reason for this post is that I am about to go in to the final work of my final term at Carleton..ever. It is the strangest feeling. I knew we were going home, but now it really feels like we are on a time limit. To be fair I haven't spoken to too many people in a lot of my classes and some of the people who I have spoken have hurt my soul, but even so it feels so strange that in the course of the next week I am going to leave my classrooms and never ever see the people inside them ever again. It is a surreal feeling.What is even more surreal is that probably when I get home it won't even feel THAT surreal and this whole year abroad will quickly feel like quite a distant memory. I guess I am just used to moving around a bit now and I kind of just get used to wherever I am pretty quickly. It will be a bit weird though. Last year I had to say goodbye to my Australian flatmate and I knew I wasn't going to see her again and that felt odd enough, but now when I say goodbye to people, I will pretty much only be saying goodbye to people who I am never going to see again. I guess to cut a long story short - everyone should just show that they love me and idolise me as much and as soon as they can, because there aren't that many chances left to admit how great I am. Hurry Canada! HURRY!

Also my Dad comes to Ottawa on Wednesday. Haven't seen him since September - strange, but also an excellent opportunity to go to the Works Burger restaurant for dinner catch up. 

Anywho I'm going to go procrastinate elsewhere and dream about the Easter section in Walmart...


Goodbye in advance Carleton!

No comments:

Post a Comment